Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Christmas Break Reading Selections

So it's crunch time. There is no time to read what I would like to read for me. So from my shelves of unread books, I'd like to conquer the following over Christmas Break:

1) The Giver by Lois Lowry
I just had a hunch that a Newberry winner with "give" in the title would go well for the season of giving. Aaaaaand it's short. I'll feel good about myself!

2) Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert K. Massie
Russia screams wintertime for me, so this should be a great book to cuddle up with and pretend that I have a fireplace. Although this is a tale of tragedy, it is also a story about love, family and opulence. It kind of goes with the Christmas theme--or at least the very Americanized version.

3) The Shack by William Paul Young
There has been a lot of buzz on this in the culture and in the seminaries, so I need to knock this one off my list.

4) I'd also like to cross off one of my IVP books on race. That would help me to take a book from each shelf. I'll be sure to let everyone know which one I pick.

No comments: