Monday, January 12, 2009

Seriously???

So I just noticed that Rick Warren was surpassed by the first openly Gay Bishop for the inaugural prayer spot. Obama baby, this is the first time that I must say that I'm really disappointed in you.

I'm not angry that this man is a part of the ceremony, especially as it truly is a secular event for the entire nation, but what I am upset with is the flip flopping. I'm frustrated that Obama's efforts to be the President of all people has been met with reactionism. I'm frustrated that this choice and good judgement was overturned. I'm mad that people called into question his beliefs to the point that he went back on his invitation to Rick Warren, a member of the evangelical community that needed to be reached out to in hopes for reconciliation. I'm worried that this move may make him lose them. Our nation needed that. And Obama has such a good "gut feeling," resoluteness and thoroughness and strength that I'm frustrated that I can't have those leadership qualities that I want so badly.

No comments: