Friday, July 3, 2009

An Update on East Africa



It's a sad day for me as I have been running errands to make my way to Uganda. I did some more research on the work of Invisible Children--one of the first agencies that put Uganda on my rader--and found that they have put out a relatively new documentary on rescuing and seeking justice for the children abducted by the Lord's Resistance Army. This video is violent, yet IC is very tasteful in their documentation. The video is only 36 minutes long and mixes pain and hope--the theme of my pilgrimage to Uganda. You should check it out.

http://therescue.invisiblechildren.com/en/#/watch/

After having watched this film for the first time last night, I am appalled and in mourning over the latest meeting of the African Union (AU) that has decided to not work with the ICC (International Something Court) that has put out indictments for the President of Sudan (for war crimes in Darfur). Joseph Kony, the LRA leader who is wreaking havoc in East Africa was the first to be indicted on such charges. Please pray for a solution for human rights activists to be able to work and for Africa to also feel that they are not being coerced by Western powers against their will but will step onto the side of justice.

No comments: