Sunday, September 14, 2008

Entering a New World

Finally! I have a blog! I think this is the first form of technology that I can safely say that I like...hopefully I won't change my mind about that in the the next few months. I will begin by answering a few questions.

Why am I creating a blog?
Being a writer at heart, I can create entries for the public without having to worry about grammar and a grade. I would have loved to create a blog when I was teaching in public school, but there are way too many laws involved with that. However, now that I am Divinity School at Duke I have found that I want to comment on what we are learning and how I am processing all of it. As a random person, I find myself contemplating extremely random yet interesting ideas. A blog would create a great place for comments and thoughts. So yes, please comment to keep the ideas flowing! And I must say that my life typically ends up being very interesting...so some things I just can't keep to myself.

What might you find on my blog?
If you read about the name of my blog, you will find that most of my posts will probably pertain to some aspect of the Christian life. And although it sounds very narcissistic, it will probably pertain to me and my life much of the time. So last week I began to think about what state I am in on the race. I am exhausted from a few sprints that I wasn't really ready for after bad injuries in a fall, but I am jogging along none the less. But this time as I'm jogging, I've noticed that I've begun to see faces in the crowd--the cloud of witnesses--who are cheering me on in faith. Since I'm in Div school getting to know some of these people who have come before me, I expect to make a number of posts on the cloud of witnesses. As an M.T.S. student, there may be a few theology or bible posts. Although my blog will take a Christian point of view, I invite those of all points of view to share in my experiences and to make comments.

No comments: